photo & text: aboutosterlen.com
Frasse´s & Marianne´s musical museum is an amazing collection of mechanical musical instruments, phonographs and music boxes, settled in Simrishamn.
John Fransson, commonly called Frasse, began collecting in 1959 and after some years he laid the foundation for his impressive collection.
In 1964 read Frasse for the first time about Thomas Alva Edison and was so fascinated by this man that he began studies of Edison and intensive gathering of Edison phonographs.
The collection belongs among the world's finest. People from Edison company were very interested to buy this collection from Frasse and bring it to USA. But Frasse refused every offer, and that is why the museum is still in Österlen.
Frasse opened the museum together with his life partner Marianne in 1981.
Besides gramophones and phonographs were also added many other music equipment such as music boxes and sounding positives as Frasse and Marianne often went out and performed on the streets.
The original museum was open until 2006. John Fransson died on Christmas Eve 2009. His girlfriend Marianne Nilsson died in 2012.
In the Easter of 2014, Frasses and Marianne's Music Museum reopened at the Nisse Nilsson´s Autoseum in Simrishamn. The "new" Frasses musical museum has been designed by Michael Löfström.
Nisse Nilsson´s Autoseum is yet another amazing collection, this one about motobikes and cars.
Read more about history in Österlen
Find more articles about Simrishamn
Back to Home